Thursday 10 November 1966
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kyle Kopp and Vanessa Angel.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Poor Side Of Town by Johnny Rivers.
In UK Good Vibrations by The Beach Boys was in the top 5 hits.
Cul-de-sac, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vendetta.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 November 1966!
Which were the important events of 10 November 1966 ?
- Also see November 10 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States Marine Corps Birthday
- Russia - Day of Militsiya (analogue of police in Russia)
- Ancient Latvia - Martini
- R.C. Saints - Pope Leo I the Great
- Turkey - Day of Remembrance of Ataturk
- Kyle Kopp: San Bernardino, California -- Water polo 2m offense (1996 Olympics).
- Vanessa Angel: English model and actress.
- Bill DeMott: American wrestler and agent.
- Jack Lynch becomes Irish Premier
- Lunar Orbiter 2 reaches 196-1871 km around Moon
- Seán Lemass retires as Taoiseach of the Republic of Ireland to be replaced in the role by fellow Fianna Fáil member Jack Lynch.
- A mine kills 3 Israeli paratroopers on the West Bank border.
- Spain declares general amnesty for crimes committed during the Spanish Civil War (effective only for the Falangists' side).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 November 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Rivers - Poor Side Of Town
- The Monkees - Last Train To Clarksville
- ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians - 96 Tears
- The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
- Herman's Hermits - Dandy
- The New Vaudeville Band - Winchester Cathedral
- The Supremes - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- Bobby Darin - If I Were A Carpenter
- Mitch Ryder - Devil With A Blue Dress On & Good Golly Miss Molly
- James and Bobby Purify - I'm Your Puppet
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?