Monday 10 November 1969
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arjan van der Laan and Dan Farthing.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Wedding Bell Blues by The 5th Dimension.
In UK Sugar Sugar by Archies was in the top 5 hits.
Change of Habit, directed by William Graham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The House On The Strand by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sesame Street.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 November 1969!
Which were the important events of 10 November 1969 ?
- Also see November 10 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States Marine Corps Birthday
- Russia - Day of Militsiya (analogue of police in Russia)
- Ancient Latvia - Martini
- R.C. Saints - Pope Leo I the Great
- Turkey - Day of Remembrance of Ataturk
- Arjan van der Laan: Dutch soccer player (Sparta).
- Dan Farthing: CFL slot back (Saskatchewan Roughriders).
- Ed Ward: Edmonton, Alberta -- NHL right wing (Calgary Flames).
- Rod Milstead: NFL guard (SF 49ers).
- Jason Huling: Library president, and future ruler of the world.
- Evgenia Peretz: American journalist, a writer for Vanity Fair magazine. Evgenia, a pretty and stylish blonde, is the daughter of Marty Peretz, editor-in-chief and chairman of The New Republic since 1974 and a teacher at Harvard.
- José Pinotti: Brazilian psychologist, astrologer and writer.
- Ellen Pompeo: American actress, she got her acting start in a few episodes of the popular TV series "Law and Order."
- Trisha Malik: Family Member
- Faustino Asprilla: Colombian footballer and coach
- Jens Lehmann: German footballer and actor
- Zoltán Téglás: American punk rock singer (Ignite)
- Sesame Street premieres on PBS TV
- National Educational Television (the predecessor to the Public Broadcasting Service) in the United States debuts the children's television program Sesame Street.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 5th Dimension - Wedding Bell Blues
- The Beatles - Come Together
- The Beatles - Something
- Blood, Sweat and Tears - And When I Die
- Smith - Baby It's You
- The Temptations - I Can't Get Next To You
- Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds
- The Flying Machine - Smile A Little Smile For Me
- The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
- R.B. Greaves - Take A Letter Maria
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?