Tuesday 10 November 1970
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to I'll Be There by Jackson 5.
In UK Voodoo Chile by Jimi Hendrix Experience was in the top 5 hits.
When Moscow Laughs, directed by Boris Barnet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 November 1970!
Which were the important events of 10 November 1970 ?
- Also see November 10 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States Marine Corps Birthday
- Russia - Day of Militsiya (analogue of police in Russia)
- Ancient Latvia - Martini
- R.C. Saints - Pope Leo I the Great
- Turkey - Day of Remembrance of Ataturk
- Tay Ping Hui: Singaporean actor.
- Warren G: American rapper.
- Freddy Loix: Belgian race car driver.
- Sergei Ovchinnikov: Russian footballer and manager.
- Tay Hui: Singaporean actor.
- Vince Vieluf: American actor and screenwriter
- Trent Dimas: New Mexico, United States -- Gymnast (1992, 96 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- Charles DeGaulle: General / President France (Free French), dies at 79.
- 2 by 2 opens at Imperial Theater NYC for 343 performances
- R Rodgers / M Charnins musical Two by Two, premieres in New York City
- Luna 17, with unmanned self-propelled Lunokhod 1, is launched.
- General Motors signs a deal with holders of the Wankel patents for US$50 million.
- Vietnam War: Vietnamization : For the first time in five years, an entire week ends with no reports of American combat fatalities in Southeast Asia.
- The Soviet Lunar probe Lunokhod 1 is launched.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
- Carpenters - We've Only Just Begun
- James Taylor - Fire And Rain
- Brian Hyland - Gypsy Woman
- Sugarloaf - Green-Eyed Lady
- R. Dean Taylor - Indiana Wants Me
- 100 Proof (Aged In Soul) - Somebody's Been Sleeping
- Bread - It Don't Matter To Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 10 November 1970 and get them!