Thursday 10 November 1977
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to You Light Up My Life by Debby Boone.
In UK Name Of The Game by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
Close Encounters of the Third Kind, directed by Steven Spielberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 November 1977!
Which were the important events of 10 November 1977 ?
- Also see November 10 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States Marine Corps Birthday
- Russia - Day of Militsiya (analogue of police in Russia)
- Ancient Latvia - Martini
- R.C. Saints - Pope Leo I the Great
- Turkey - Day of Remembrance of Ataturk
- Josh Barnett: American mixed martial artist and wrestler.
- Won Bin: South Korean actor.
- Matt Cepicky: American baseball player.
- Erik Nevland: Norwegian footballer.
- Destra Garcia: World Music Singer.
- Amsterdam: RAF-terrorists Gert Schneider / Christof Wackernagel arrested
- Major Indoor Soccer League officially organized (New York City).
- The Bee Gees release the soundtrack to Saturday Night Fever, which will go on to become the then best selling album of all time.
- Egyptian President Anwar Sadat becomes the first Arab leader to make an official visit to Israel, when he meets with Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin, seeking a permanent peace settlement.
- TAP Portugal Flight 425 crashes at Madeira Airport, Funchal, Portugal, killing 131 and leaving 33 survivors.
- British Airways inaugurates regular London to New York City supersonic Concorde service.
- TCP/IP test succeeds connecting 3 ARPANET nodes (of 111), in what eventually becomes the Internet protocol.ampquotTCP/IPampquot, LivingInternet, 2008, webpage: LivingI-tcpip.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debby Boone - You Light Up My Life
- Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love
- Crystal Gayle - Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue
- Carly Simon - Nobody Does It Better
- Heatwave - Boogie Nights
- Barry White - It's Ecstasy When You Lay Down Next To Me
- Chicago - Baby, What A Big Surprise
- Paul Nicholas - Heaven On The 7th Floor
- Donna Summer - I Feel Love
- Rita Coolidge - We're All Alone
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 10 November 1977 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?