Monday 10 November 1980
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Lady by Kenny Rogers.
In UK The Tide Is High by Blondie was in the top 5 hits.
Raging Bull, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Covenant by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 November 1980!
Which were the important events of 10 November 1980 ?
- Also see November 10 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States Marine Corps Birthday
- Russia - Day of Militsiya (analogue of police in Russia)
- Ancient Latvia - Martini
- R.C. Saints - Pope Leo I the Great
- Turkey - Day of Remembrance of Ataturk
- Donte Stallworth: American football player.
- Danilo Belić: Serbian footballer.
- Troy Bell: American basketball player.
- Calvin Chen: Taiwanese singer, (Fei Lun Hai/Fahrenheit).
- Agustín De La Canal: Argentinian footballer.
- Jeroen Ketting: Dutch footballer
- Yevhen Lutsenko: Ukrainian footballer
- Matt Mullins: American actor director producer and martial artist
- Donté Stallworth: American football player
- Corey Gamble:
- Dan Rather refuses to pay his cabbie, CBS pays $12.55 fare
- Poland acknowledges Solidarity union
- November 12 ampndash Voyager program: The NASA space probe ''Voyager I'' makes its closest approach to Saturn, when it flies within 77,000 miles of the planet's cloud-tops and sends the first high resolution images of the world back to scientists on Earth.
- The Gang of Four trial begins in China.
- A Texaco oil rig breaks through to a mine under Lake Peigneur.
- A fire at the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino on the Las Vegas Strip kills 85 people.
- A then-record number of viewers (for an entertainment program) tune into the U.S. TV soap opera ''Dallas'' to learn who shot lead character J.R. Ewing. The ampquotWho shot J.R.?ampquot event is an international obsession.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kenny Rogers - Lady
- John Lennon - (Just Like) Starting Over
- Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
- Barbra Streisand - Woman In Love
- Leo Sayer - More Than I Can Say
- Donna Summer - The Wanderer
- Pointer Sisters - He's So Shy
- Stevie Wonder - Master Blaster (Jammin')
- Diana Ross - I'm Coming Out
- Stephanie Mills - Never Knew Love Like This Before
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 10 November 1980 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?