Monday 10 November 2003
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Baby Boy by Beyonce.
In UK Be Faithful by Fatman Scoop featuring The Crooklyn Clan was in the top 5 hits.
Monster, directed by Patty Jenkins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The South Beach Diet by Arthur Agatston was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2003.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 November 2003!
Which were the important events of 10 November 2003 ?
- Also see November 10 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States Marine Corps Birthday
- Russia - Day of Militsiya (analogue of police in Russia)
- Ancient Latvia - Martini
- R.C. Saints - Pope Leo I the Great
- Turkey - Day of Remembrance of Ataturk
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 November
- The World Trade Organization declares United States tariffs on steel imports inconsistent with free trade, opening the way for the European Union to impose punitive tariffs on goods of US origin.
- War on Terrorism: The United States Supreme Court has agreed to hear appeals by 16 people detained at Guantanamo Bay. The Supreme Court will consider whether alleged illegal combatants held by the United States since the War in Afghanistan can use American courts to challenge their detainment.
- In India, heavy rain boosts economic growth forecasts for the Indian economy.
- In the United Kingdom, Michael Howard, new leader of the Conservative Party, announces his first Shadow Cabinet membership is trimmed down to 12 from 26.
- Alliance Capital Management, owned by AXA, fires two senior executives as a result of enquiries into mutual fund abuses.
- Occupation of Iraq:
- An array of senior figures in the United States criticize the case the Bush administration used to go to war with Iraq they state that there never was a clear and present danger.
- Paul Bremer says that attacks on coalition forces in Iraq will get worse unless intelligence improves he says several hundred terrorists have entered Iraq from neighbouring countries.
- Security officials in Saudi Arabia order 4600 extra troops into Mecca to provide increased security during Ramadan, saying that additional attacks could occur at any moment.
- Questions surround Yasser Arafat after further allegations about money moved out of the West Bank to secret bank accounts.
- Researchers report that some patients who recovered from SARS have developed bone disease, possibly as a result of drugs used to fight the infection.
- Survivors of the massacre of Srebrenica, the worst European atrocity since World WarnbspII, are to sue the United Nations and the Netherlands for almost USD for failing to protect the Muslim enclave.
- Fine arts: A striking piece of art, the life-like sculpture of the Nazi leader Adolf Hitler kneels in an empty room in a Munich art museum, Germany (where the Nazi past has made it taboo to display Hitler in any form except in documentary films). The exhibition is at the neo-classical museum, which the Nazi leader ordered built in 1937.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?