Monday 10 November 2008
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Live Your Life by T.I..
Twilight, directed by Catherine Hardwicke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 November 2008!
Which were the important events of 10 November 2008 ?
- Also see November 10 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States Marine Corps Birthday
- Russia - Day of Militsiya (analogue of police in Russia)
- Ancient Latvia - Martini
- R.C. Saints - Pope Leo I the Great
- Turkey - Day of Remembrance of Ataturk
- Circuit City Stores, second-largest U.S. consumer electronics retailer, files for bankruptcy protection.
- The US Mint officially launches the 2008 Hawaii quarter dollar in Honolulu, and releases it to circulation. This is the last coin of the 50 State Quarters Program.
- DHL, overnight-delivery company, announces it will shut down its express-delivery service in the USA.
- Reports surface that a United States nuclear weapon was lost somewhere in the ice after the January 21, 1968 crash of a B-52 Stratofortress outside Thule Air Base, Greenland. (BBC News)
- The United States government announces a second bailout of American International Group the total value of the new plan, roughly US$150 billion, represents the largest government support package extended to a private company in US history. (MarketWatch)
- Sweden's Financial Supervisory Authority announces that it is revoking the banking licence of the struggling Carnegie Investment Bank. (Reuters)
- Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi repeats a comment that United States President-elect Barack Obama is ampquotyoung, handsome and also tanned,ampquot refusing to apologize for remarks he insisted are ampquotflatteringampquot. (''The Moscow Times'')
- India wins the Border-Gavaskar Trophy by defeating Australia 2-0 in the five-Test-match cricket series. (CricketNext.in)
- An earthquake of magnitude 6.5 on Richter scale shakes western China's Qinghai province. (CNN)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?