Wednesday 10 November 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to We R Who We R by Ke$ha.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, directed by David Yates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Confession by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Edwardian Farm.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alpha Protocol or Just Cause 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 November 2010!
Which were the important events of 10 November 2010 ?
- Also see November 10 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States Marine Corps Birthday
- Russia - Day of Militsiya (analogue of police in Russia)
- Ancient Latvia - Martini
- R.C. Saints - Pope Leo I the Great
- Turkey - Day of Remembrance of Ataturk
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 November
- The death toll from clashes in Western Sahara increases to 19. (AP via ''South Coast Today'')
- The United Nations says pirates off the coast of Somalia are ampquotoutperformingampquot an international effort to stop them. (Al Jazeera)
- Bombings targeting Baghdad's Christian neighbourhoods kill at least four people. (CNTV)
- An article in ''Time'' states Egypt helped Israel assassinate Palestinian Muhammad Jamal al-Namnam, a senior member of the al-Qaeda-affiliated Army of Islam organization. He was killed last week, after his car exploded in Gaza City. (''Time'')
- 3D Express Coach to be put into trial in Beijing. (CNTV)
- US singer Brad Paisley wins Entertainer of the Year at the 2010 CMA Awards held in Nashville, Tennessee. (AP via Houston Chronicle)
- Singapore Airlines grounds three of its Airbus A380 fleet to replace their Rolls-Royce engines. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- At least 16 people are killed and dozens are injured in a fire at a juvenile jail in the town of Ilobasco in El Salvador. (Al Jazeera)
- Qantas and Cathay Pacific cancel flights out of Jakarta's Soekarno–Hatta International Airport due to the eruptions of Mount Merapi in Indonesia. (CNN)
- 2010 Haiti cholera outbreak:
- Doctors set up cholera clinics in Port-au-Prince as the 2010 Haiti cholera outbreak reaches the capital. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- The death toll passes 600. (BBC)
- An Israeli Air Force F-16I crashes in Makhtesh Ramon while on a training over the Negev desert in southern Israel, killing both the pilot and navigator of the plane. ampquotBodies of IAF pilot and navigator found after F-16I crash in Negevampquot (Ha'aretz)
- U.S. President Barack Obama gives a speech in Indonesia during which he says more needs to be done to repair the relationship between the United States and the Muslim world. (Reuters)
- Jordanian King Abdullah II meets with Xu Caihou, vice chairman of China's Central Military Commission, in Amman, Jordan. (CPC)
- American Gabe Watson leaves detention in Australia after serving time for the death of Tina Watson after she drowned in 2007 after he failed to rescue her. He will be extradited to Alabama to face murder charges upon suspicion of murder. (News.Com.Au)
- A Chinese activist Zhao Lianhai who campaigned for victims of the tainted milk scandal in 2008 is jailed for two and half years for ampquotinciting social disorderampquot. (Reuters Africa)
- Tens of thousands of university students and lecturers march in a National Union of Students protest in London against plans by the United Kingdom government to raise tuition fees to £9,000 per year in England. Violence occurs later with the building hosting the Conservative Party's campaign headquarters trashed by riots in the day (''The Guardian'')
- Prithviraj Chavan is appointed Chief Minister of Maharashtra in India to replace Ashok Chavan who resigned in a corruption scandal. (BBC)
- The Ivory Coast defers the second round of voting for the Ivory presidential election to November 28. (CNN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?