Friday 10 October 1924
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ludmilla Tcherina and James Clavell.
The Navigator, directed by Donald Crisp, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 1924!
Which were the important events of 10 October 1924 ?
- Ludmilla Tcherina: French actress / ballet dancer (Sins of Rome).
- James Clavell: Australian-American writer, the best-selling author of "Tai-Pan" and "Noble House," richly detailed long historical adventure epics set in Asia.
- Bryce Poe: American military, United States Air Force four-star general who served as Commander, Air Force Logistics Command from 1978 to 1981.
- Evelyne Sullerot: French feminist, awarded Commandeur de la Légion d'honneur and Grand-Officier de l'ordre national du Mérite.
- Ludmila Tcherina: French prima ballerina, sculptor, actress, painter, choreographer and author of two novels.
- Ludmilla Tchérina: French actress ballerina and choreographer (d. 2004)
- Ed Wood: American actor director producer screenwriter (d. 1978)
- Ibn Saud of Nedzhed captures Mecca
- Washington Senators win their first World Series beating New York Giants in 7 (World Series #21).
- The Alpha Delta Gamma Fraternity is founded at the Lake Shore Campus of Loyola University, Chicago.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Hard-Hearted Hannah - Dolly Kay
- Whistling the Blues Away - Wendell Hall & Carson Robison
- Bringin' Home the Bacon - Blossom Seeley
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?