Friday 10 October 1924
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Navigator, directed by Donald Crisp, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 1924!
Which were the important events of 10 October 1924 ?
- Ludmila Tcherina: French prima ballerina, sculptor, actress, painter, choreographer and author of two novels.
- Evelyne Sullerot: French feminist, awarded Commandeur de la Légion d'honneur and Grand-Officier de l'ordre national du Mérite.
- Ludmilla Tchérina: French actress ballerina and choreographer (d. 2004).
- Ed Wood: American actor director producer screenwriter (d. 1978).
- Bryce Poe: American military, United States Air Force four-star general who served as Commander, Air Force Logistics Command from 1978 to 1981.
- James Clavell: Australian-American writer, the best-selling author of "Tai-Pan" and "Noble House," richly detailed long historical adventure epics set in Asia. His novel "Shogun" was a blockbuster, selling over seven million copies and watched by 30 million viewers on TV. Although he began his career as a screenwriter and director, he found his literary niche in thick novels, at least five best-sellers, all set in the Far East. "King Rat" and "Tai-Pan" became feature films, and "Shogun" and "Noble House" into
- Ludmilla Tcherina: French actress / ballet dancer (Sins of Rome)
- Ibn Saud of Nedzhed captures Mecca
- Washington Senators win their first World Series beating New York Giants in 7 (World Series #21).
- The Alpha Delta Gamma Fraternity is founded at the Lake Shore Campus of Loyola University, Chicago.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Hard-Hearted Hannah - Dolly Kay
- Whistling the Blues Away - Wendell Hall & Carson Robison
- Bringin' Home the Bacon - Blossom Seeley
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 10 October 1924 and get them!