Thursday 10 October 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Dane and Ben Vereen in Miami.
Blue Skies, directed by Stuart Heisler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Faraway Hill.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 1946!
Which were the important events of 10 October 1946 ?
- Charles Dane: England, United Kingdom -- Actor (Plenty, Jewel in the Crown).
- Ben Vereen in Miami: Florida, USA; actor/dancer (Pippin, Roots, Webster).
- Peter Mahvolich: NHL star (Montreal Canadiens).
- Mildred Grieveson (aka: Anne Mather, Caroline Fleming, Cardine Fleming), English writer.
- Franco Malerba: Italian astronaut, who became the first Italian citizen in space during the flight of STS-46 from 7/31/1992-8/07/1992.
- Chris Tarrant: British entertainer, well known and a snappy dresser. He became immensely popular when he began hosting the British version of the TV show, "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" Tarrant, a former teacher, started as a TV host of the Saturday morning children's show, "Tiswas." A non-stop talker, he has done London's Capital Radio, funny clips from foreign and British TV and the TV show, "Tarrant on TV." He has made a financial fortune in TV production and voice-overs for advertisements.
- Charles Dance: English actor director and screenwriter
- Giant Haystacks: English wrestler (d. 1998)
- Naoto Kan: Japanese lawyer and politician 61st Prime Minister of Japan
- Peter Mahovlich: Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- Anne Mather: English author and screenwriter
- John Prine: Maywood, Illinois -- Country singer (Hello in There)
- Raymond Tallis: English physician philosopher author and academic
- Ben Vereen: American actor singer and dancer
- Willard White: Jamaican-English actor and singer
- Commencement of the Noakhali genocide of Hindus in Bengal at the hands of Muslim mobs.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?