Saturday 10 October 1953
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gus Williams NBA guard (Golden State and Albert Rust.
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Heat, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ponds Theater.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 1953!
Which were the important events of 10 October 1953 ?
- Gus Williams NBA guard (Golden State: Seattle SuperSonics, Washington Wizards).
- Albert Rust: French football/soccer goalkeeper who played at senior level from 1972 to 1981, followed by a career as a coach.
- Midge Ure: Scottish musician, a singer, guitarist and keyboard player who founded "Visage" along with drummer Rusty Egan and vocalist Steve Strange.
- Fiona Rae: Hong Kong-Scottish painter.
- Aleksander Veingold: Estonian chess player and coach.
- Gus Williams: American basketball player
- Erima Harvey Northcroft: New Zealand judge (Born 1884).
- Roland (Monty) Burton wins New Zealand air race in under 23 hours.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?