Tuesday 10 October 1961
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Hit The Road Jack by Ray Charles.
In UK Walking Back To Happiness by Helen Shapiro was in the top 5 hits.
King of Kings, directed by Nicholas Ray, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 1961!
Which were the important events of 10 October 1961 ?
- Jodi Benson: Movie Actress.
- Henrik J?rgensen: Danish marathon runner.
- Scott Hoffman: American drummer (38 Special).
- Henrik Jørgensen: Danish runner.
- Martin Kemp: British musician and actor, the bass player for Spandau Ballet, an 80s era British band, best known for their ballad, "True".
- Brian Lee Diemer: Grand Rapids, Michigan -- Steeplechase (1984 Olympics - Bronze Medalist)
- Milk & Honey opens at Martin Beck Theater NYC for 543 performances
- Expansion draft to stock Houston Astros and New York Mets
- Otis M Smith appointed to Michigan Supreme Court
- A volcanic eruption on Tristan da Cunha causes the whole population to be evacuated.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vee - Take Good Care Of My Baby
- Dion - Runaround Sue
- Ray Charles - Hit The Road Jack
- The Dovells - Bristol Stomp
- Dick and DeeDee - The Mountain's High
- Roy Orbison - Crying
- Elvis Presley - Little Sister
- Bobby Darin - You Must Have Been A Beautiful Baby
- Bob Moore - Mexico
- Hayley Mills - Let's Get Together
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 10 October 1961 and get them!