Thursday 10 October 1963
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Sugar Shack by Jimmy Gilmer.
In UK She Loves You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Tom Jones, directed by Tony Richardson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 1963!
Which were the important events of 10 October 1963 ?
- Linda Perratt: British racehorse trainer known as "The First Lady of Scottish Racing.
- Mike Donnelly: Detroit, Michigan -- NHL left wing (Dallas Stars).
- Daniel Pearl: American journalist stationed in Pakistan when he was kidnapped on 1/23/2002 after arranging to meet members of a shadowy group of Islamic militants outside a Karachi restaurant.
- Hülya Avşar: Turkish model actress and singer.
- Jolanda de Rover: Dutch swimmer.
- Roy Cazaly: Australian footballer and coach (d. 1963).
- Dam bursts in Italy, 3,000+ die
- Netherland population hits 12,000,000
- Treaty banning atmospheric nuclear tests signed by US, United Kingdom, USSR.
- France cedes control of the Bizerte naval base to Tunisia.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- The Ronettes - Be My Baby
- The Jaynetts - Sally, Go 'Round The Roses
- Ray Charles - Busted
- Martha & the Vandellas - Heat Wave
- Garnet Mimms - Cry Baby
- Roy Orbison - Mean Woman Blues
- Dion Di Muci - Donna The Prima Donna
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 10 October 1963 and get them!