Saturday 10 October 1964
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Oh, Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison.
In UK You Really Got Me by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
Send Me No Flowers, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 1964!
Which were the important events of 10 October 1964 ?
- Antonio Albanese: Italian comedian, actor, director and writer.
- Christophe Lambert: French advertising executive, director of Luc Besson's films studio "La Cité du Cinéma" in Saint-Denis.
- Daniel Pearl: American journalist (d. 2002).
- Quinton Flynn: American voice actor.
- Maxi Gnauck: in the German Democratic Republic; uneven parallel bars (Olympic-gold-1980).
- Sarah Lancashire: English actress and director
- Frantisek Picha: Composer, dies at 71.
- Konrad Bayer: Writer.
- Russ Case: Orchestra leader (Julius La Rosa Show), dies at 52.
- Eddie Cantor: American entertainer who, as a star of stage, radio, TV and movies, was a singer and comedian known for tears-and-laughter comedy and popping eyeballs.
- Heinrich Neuhaus: Ukrainian-Russian pianist and educator (d. 1964).
- 18th modern Olympic games opens in Tokyo
- 18th NHL All-Star Game: All-Stars beat Toronto 3-2 at Toronto
- The opening ceremony at The 1964 Summer Olympics in Tokyo, Japan, is broadcast live in the first Olympic telecast relayed by geostationary communication satellite.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
- The Newbeats - Bread And Butter
- The Shangri-Las - Remember (Walkin' In The Sand)
- Gale Garnett - We'll Sing In The Sunshine
- Gene Pitney - It Hurts To Be In Love
- Ronny & The Daytonas - G.T.O.
- J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers - Last Kiss
- Chad Stuart and Jeremy Clyde - A Summer Song
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?