Thursday 10 October 1968
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Hey Jude by The Beatles.
In UK Those Were The Days by Mary Hopkin was in the top 5 hits.
Bullitt, directed by Peter Yates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 1968!
Which were the important events of 10 October 1968 ?
- Bart Brentjens: Dutch mountain biker.
- Feridun Düzağaç: Turkish singer-songwriter.
- Marinos Ouzounidis: Greek footballer and manager.
- DJ Skribble: American DJ, producer, remixer, radio personality and actor.
- Denis Langlois: French race walker who finished first in the 20km 'Jeux de la Francophonie' in Niamey, Niger in 2005.
- L B Williams: NFL (Jacksonville Jaguars)
- Nancy Brookhart: Elmhurst, Illinois -- WPVA volleyballer (Hermosa-17th - 1994)
- Wilhelmina J "Willy" Haak: Dutch actress (Abandoned Child), dies at 71.
- George Harrison forms Singsong Ltd
- Lee Evans of US sets 400 meter record at 43.86
- Detroit Tigers beat Saint Louis Cardinals, 4 games to 3 in 65th World Series.
- Apollo program: NASA launches ''Apollo 7'', the first manned Apollo mission (Wally Schirra, Donn Eisele, Walter Cunningham). Mission goals include the first live television broadcast from orbit and testing the lunar module docking maneuver.
- In Panama, a military coup d'état, led by Col. Boris Martinez and Col. Omar Torrijos, overthrows the democratically elected (but highly controversial) government of President Arnulfo Arias. Within a year, Torrijos ousts Martinez and takes charge as de facto Head of Government in Panama.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley P.T.A.
- The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Fire
- O.C. Smith - Little Green Apples
- The O'Kaysions - Girl Watcher
- The Grass Roots - Midnight Confessions
- The Vogues - My Special Angel
- The Bee Gees - I've Gotta Get A Message To You
- Gary Puckett - Over You
- Clarence Carter - Slip Away
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?