Friday 10 October 1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Scott Anthony Murray Nelson and Shawn ''Thunderbird'' Jamison.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Sugar, Sugar by The Archies.
In UK Bad Moon Rising by Creedence Clearwater Revival was in the top 5 hits.
Paint Your Wagon, directed by Joshua Logan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mary Mungo & Midge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 1969!
Which were the important events of 10 October 1969 ?
- Scott Anthony Murray Nelson: Geelong, Australia -- NZ 20k walker (1996 Olympics).
- Shawn ''Thunderbird'' Jamison: American basketball coach and ex Harlem Globetrotter.
- Dilsa Demirbag Sten: Swedish author and journalist.
- Brett Favre: American football player.
- Manu Bennett: Movie Actor.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey: American actress
- Francis Escudero: Filipino lawyer and politician
- Shawn Jamison: American basketball player and coach
- Dilsa Sten: Swedish journalist and author
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
- Oliver - Jean
- Bobby Sherman - Little Woman
- The Temptations - I Can't Get Next To You
- Sly & the Family Stone - Hot Fun In The Summertime
- Nilsson - Everybody's Talkin'
- Three Dog Night - Easy To Be Hard
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- Gary Puckett - This Girl Is A Woman Now
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?