Wednesday 10 October 1973
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jeff Shantz and Jessica Shahriari.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Half-Breed by Cher.
In UK Eye Level by Simon Park Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
The Paper Chase, directed by James Bridges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Hollow Hills by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ca smo na ovom svitu....
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lemonade Stand or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 1973!
Which were the important events of 10 October 1973 ?
- Jeff Shantz: Duchess, Alberta -- NHL center (Chicago Blackhawks).
- Jessica Shahriari: Miss USA-Arizona (1997).
- John Mobley: NFL linebacker (Denver Broncos - Super Bowl 32).
- Mario Lopez in San Diego: California, USA; actor (Slater - Saved by the Bell).
- Semmy Schilt: Dutch kickboxer.
- Joël Chenal: French alpine skier, he won a silver medal in the giant slalom at the Torino 2006 Olympics (Austrian Benjamin Raich won the gold for only 7 cents).
- Vikash Dhorasoo: French footballer (soccer player) who played at both professional and international levels as a midfielder. He is of Mauritian origin.
- Mario Lopez: American actor, the young gym-fanatic star of the series "Pacific Blue." Mario began his career in a talent competition at the age of ten. One of his first roles was in the Norman Lear produced situation comedy "A.K.A. Pablo," which ran for six weeks from 3/06/1984. He is, however, best known for his role of high school jock Slater in the teen comedy series, "Saved by the Bell." The series began on 8/30/1989 and its enormous success on Saturday mornings led to a prime-time movie, which aired 11/
- Scott Morriss: English bass player and songwriter (The Bluetones)
- Zach Thornton: Baltimore, Maryland -- Soccer goalkeeper (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- Albe [Renaut A Joostens]: Flemish writer (Paradise Bird), dies at 71.
- New York Mets beat Cin Reds in Game 5 of the NLCS
- VP Spiro T Agnew pleads no contest to tax evasion and resigns
- US Vice President Spiro T Agnew pleads no contest to tax evasion and resigns.
- Vice President of the United States Spiro Agnew resigns after being charged with federal income tax evasion.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Cher - Half-Breed
- The Allman Brothers Band - Ramblin Man
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Stevie Wonder - Higher Ground
- The Rolling Stones - Angie
- The Isley Brothers - That Lady (Part 1)
- Paul Simon - Loves Me Like A Rock
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Midnight Train To Georgia
- Eddie Kendricks - Keep On Truckin' (Part 1)
- Grand Funk - We're An American Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?