Sunday 10 October 1999
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Heartbreaker by Mariah Carey.
In UK Blue (Da Ba Dee) by Eiffel 65 was in the top 5 hits.
Dogma, directed by Kevin Smith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while Hearts in Atlantis by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1999.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 1999!
Which were the important events of 10 October 1999 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 October
- Elections are held in Portugal.
- Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif attempts to dismiss Army Chief General Pervez Musharraf and install ISI director Ziauddin Butt in his place. Senior Army generals refuse to accept the dismissal. Musharraf, who is out of the country, attempts to return in a commercial airliner. Sharif orders the Karachi airport to not allow the plane to land. The generals lead a coup d'état, ousting Sharif's administration and taking over the airport. The plane lands with only a few minutes of fuel to
- Date selected by the UN as when the world population reaches 6 billion people.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1999 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mariah Carey - Heartbreaker
- Santana - Smooth
- TLC - Unpretty
- Lou Bega - Mambo No. 5 (A Little Bit Of..)
- Ricky Martin - She's All I Ever Had
- Christina Aguilera - Genie In A Bottle
- Sugar Ray - Someday
- Marc Anthony - I Need To Know
- Whitney Houston - My Love Is Your Love
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - Scar Tissue
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?