Saturday 10 October 2009
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Couples Retreat, directed by Peter Billingsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Meet the Natives USA.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bit.Trip Void or Bubble Bobble Plus!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 2009!
Which were the important events of 10 October 2009 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 October
- Stephen Gately: Irish singer-songwriter dancer and actor (Boyzone) (d. 2009).
- After having closed borders for about two hundred years, Armenia and Turkey sign protocols in Zurich, Switzerland to open their borders.
- Ten to fifteen security personnel are taken hostage by militants after an attack on Pakistan's military headquarters in Islamabad. (Xinhua)
- President of Poland Lech Kaczyński signs the Treaty of Lisbon, leaving the Czech Republic as the last national opponent. (Deusche Welle)
- At least 70 people are killed after a fuel tanker explodes in Nigeria. (Xinhua)
- 186 people are killed by landslides in the Philippines. (CNN)
- Ireland's Green Party votes by 84% to endorse a new Programme for Government with government partners Fianna Fáil. (''The Irish Times'')
- Over 300 British MPs will be asked to repay or explain expenses after controversy earlier this year. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Three people are sentenced to death for being involved in forbidden groups after being arrested during protests against Iran's disputed presidential election earlier this year. (Al Jazeera)
- Unions in Guinea call for a two day strike in protest at the deaths of opposition supporters at a rally last month. (BBC)
- United States President Barack Obama announces he will end the ampquotDon't ask, don't tellampquot policy against homosexuals serving in the U.S. military. (BBC)
- More than 40 people are arrested after clashes between anti-Islamic and anti-racist demonstrations in Manchester, England. (''Times of India'')
- The Argentine Senate passes a controversial media bill regarding the ownership of media outlets in the country. (CNN)
- Thousands of protesters gather in St Petersburg, Russia, against a plan to build a 77 storey building for Gazprom. (AFP)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?