Monday 10 October 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Baby Beke and Hattie McDermott.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
The Artist, directed by Michel Hazanavicius, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Carnation.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Casey's Contraptions or don't take it personally, babe, it just ain't your story.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 2011!
Which were the important events of 10 October 2011 ?
- Baby Beke: Belgian child of noted family, she is the third child of Flemish politician Wouter Beke.
- Hattie McDermott: American noted family, second daughter and third child of Tori Spelling and her husband.
- Iranian actress Marzieh Vafamehr is sentenced to 90 lashes of the cane and a year's jail in Tehran for appearing in the film ''My Tehran For Sale'' which criticises the Government of Iran's harsh policies on the arts. (ABC News Australia)
- France and Belgium agree to break up and partially nationalize Dexia, Belgium's largest bank. (''Globe and Mail'')
- American economists Thomas J. Sargent and Christopher A. Sims win the 2011 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences. (Bloomberg via ''Business Week'')
- The Bank of Greece announces the bail-out and takeover of Proton Bank via that country's Financial Stability Fund. (Reuters)
- The trial of two South African farm workers for the murder of Afrikaner Weerstandsbeweging white supremacist Eugène Terre'Blanche begins. (''Daily Telegraph'')
- Governor Rick Scott of Florida signs the death warrant for Oba Chandler, convicted of the murder of three women in 1989, with the execution set for November 15. (''Orlando Sentinel'')
- The trial of Vincent Tabak, who is accused of murdering British landscape architect Joanna Yeates, begins at Bristol Crown Court. (BBC)
- In basketball, National Basketball Association Commissioner David Stern cancels the first two weeks of the 2011–12 NBA season due to the ongoing lockout. (CBS Sports)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?