Friday 10 September 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Three Coins In The Fountain by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Brigadoon, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 September 1954!
Which were the important events of 10 September 1954 ?
- Jackie Ashley: English journalist.
- Lorely Burt: English politician.
- Clark Johnson: American actor director and producer.
- Martha Nause: Sheboygan, Wisconsin -- LPGA golfer (1994 du Maurier Ltd Classic).
- Peter Anders: German tenor and actor (d. 1954).
- 12 second shock kills 1,460 in Orleansville Algeria
- WLUK TV channel 11 in Green Bay, WI (NBC / ABC) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?