Friday 10 September 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Martha Nause and Jackie Ashley.
In UK Three Coins In The Fountain by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Brigadoon, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Familie Schölermann.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 September 1954!
Which were the important events of 10 September 1954 ?
- Martha Nause: Sheboygan, Wisconsin -- LPGA golfer (1994 du Maurier Ltd Classic).
- Jackie Ashley: English journalist.
- Lorely Burt: English politician.
- Clark Johnson: American actor director and producer.
- Peter Anders: German tenor and actor (d. 1954).
- 12 second shock kills 1,460 in Orleansville Algeria
- WLUK TV channel 11 in Green Bay, WI (NBC / ABC) begins broadcasting
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 September 1954
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?