Saturday 10 September 1960
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to It's Now Or Never by Elvis Presley.
In UK Apache by The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
Let's Make Love, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 September 1960!
Which were the important events of 10 September 1960 ?
- Colin Firth: Hampshire, England -- Actor (Femme Fatale, Hostages).
- Alessandro Betti: Italian actor and comedian.
- Harald Krassnitzer: Austrian-born actor.
- Miranda Wilson: Nebraska, United States -- Actress (Sandra-Santa Barbara).
- Alison Bechdel: American author and illustrator.
- Tim Hunter: Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- David Lowery: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Cracker and Camper Van Beethoven)
- Fjodor I Panfjorov: Russian Author (Volga - matushka-reka), dies at 63.
- Abebe Bikila runs Olympic / World record marathon (2:15:16.2)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - It's Now Or Never
- Brenda Lee - I'm Sorry
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Brian Hyland - Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini
- The Ventures - Walk -- Don't Run
- Bobby Rydell - Volare
- Hank Ballard and the Midnighters - Finger Poppin' Time
- Donnie Brooks - Mission Bell
- Ferrante and Teicher - Theme From The Apartment
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 10 September 1960 and get them!