Thursday 10 September 1964
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Karl Wilson and Peter Vogler.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to The House Of The Rising Sun by The Animals.
In UK Do Wah Diddy Diddy by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Topkapi, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lloyd Thaxton Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 September 1964!
Which were the important events of 10 September 1964 ?
- Karl Wilson: NFL defensive end (Buffalo Bills).
- Peter Vogler: Australian baseball outfielder (1996 Olympics).
- Tim Harris: NFL defensive end (SF 49ers).
- John E Sununu: American politician.
- Gianni Averaimo: Italian champion water polo player he was on the team that made it to the Barcelona games in 1992.
- Christine Cicot: Italian athlete, won the Bronze Medal in the over 72 kg class in Judo in the Atlantic Olympics 7/20/1996.
- Edmund de Waal: English potter and author
- John Sununu: American engineer and politician
- Palestinian Liberation Army (PLA) forms
- Rod Steward records his 1st single Good Morning Little Schoolgirl
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- The Dave Clark Five - Because
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- The Newbeats - Bread And Butter
- Bobby Freeman - C'mon And Swim
- Ronny & The Daytonas - G.T.O.
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- The Shangri-Las - Remember (Walkin' In The Sand)
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?