Saturday 10 September 1977
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Best Of My Love by The Emotions.
In UK Way Down by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
House, directed by Nobuhiko Ohbayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1977.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 September 1977!
Which were the important events of 10 September 1977 ?
- Stéphane Gaudin: French male with AIDS contacted from a contaminated blood transfusion February 1985.
- Caleb Ralph: New Zealand rugby player.
- Hamida Djandoubi: convicted of torture and murder, is the last person to be executed by guillotine in France.
- 91st US Womens Tennis: Chris Evert L Mills beats W Turnbull (76 62)
- Blue Jays beat Yankees 19-3 with 20 hits
- Christa Vahlensieck runs female world record marathon (2:34:47.5)
- Emmy Creative Arts Award presentation
- Emmy News and Documentaries Award presentation
- Susan Perkins (Ohio), crowned 50th Miss America 1978
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Emotions - Best Of My Love
- Rita Coolidge - (Your Love Has Lifted Me) Higher And Higher
- Andy Gibb - I Just Want To Be Your Everything
- James Taylor - Handy Man
- The Floaters - Float On
- Fleetwood Mac - Don't Stop
- Commodores - Easy
- The Brothers Johnson - Strawberry Letter 23
- Electric Light Orchestra - Telephone Line
- The Sanford/Townsend Band - Smoke From A Distant Fire
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?