Monday 10 September 1990
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Release Me by Wilson Phillips.
In UK The Joker by The Steve Miller Band was in the top 5 hits.
State of Grace, directed by Phil Joanou, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Memories Of Midnight by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1990.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 September 1990!
Which were the important events of 10 September 1990 ?
Famous Birthdays:10 September
- Samuel Kanyon Doe: President of Liberia (1980-90), assassinated.
- 19 year old Pete Sampras beats Andre Agassi to win US Open
- 1st time in New York Yankee history they are completely swept season series, Oakland Athletics beat them 12 games to 0
- 1st time since 1966 that all 8 grand slam tennis champs are different
- Ellis Island reopens as a museum
- George Bush and Mikhail Gorbachev meet in Helsinki
- US President George Bush and Soviet premier Mikhail Gorbachev meet in Helsinki, Finland.
- Iran agrees to resume diplomatic ties with Iraq.
- Hard Rock Cafe opens in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wilson Phillips - Release Me
- Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze Of Glory
- Bell Biv DeVoe - Do Me!
- Have You Seen Her - M.C. Hammer
- Poison - Unskinny Bop
- Nelson - (Can't Live Without Your) Love And Affection
- Prince - Thieves In The Temple
- Sweet Sensation - If Wishes Came True
- New Kids On The Block - Tonight
- Maxi Priest - Close To You
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?