Monday 10 September 2012
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Whistle by Flo Rida.
Lawless, directed by John Hillcoat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades of Grey by E L James was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Live from Daryl's House.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Aikatsu! or Dramatical Murder.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 September 2012!
Which were the important events of 10 September 2012 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 September
- Mexican Drug War:
- Mexican police officers discover 16 corpses with signs of torture inside a vehicle in the southern state of Guerrero. (Reuters)
- Yemeni officials report that Said al Shihri, the second-in-command of Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), is killed in southern Yemen. (BBC)
- A suicide bombing in Kunduz, Afghanistan, kills at least 16 people a local doctor says ampquot21 or moreampquot. (BBC)
- An agreement is reached allowing the completion of the US National September 11 Memorial Museum on the World Trade Center site in New York City. (Seattle PI)
- Teachers in Chicago go on strike. Around 350,000 students are affected. (''Chicago Tribune'')
- Around 10,000 South-African miners demonstrate at the Lonmin mines in Marikana (''Rooikoppies''), Rustenburg, Bojanala Platinum district, North West province. Fifteen thousand miners strike at the Gold Fields KDC West Driefontein mine. (Reuters via Yahoo! News)
- Hurricane and tropical storm warnings are issued for parts of the Canadian province Newfoundland and Labrador as Tropical Storm Leslie approaches. (National Hurricane Centre)
- Three people are killed and several others seriously injured after a coach taking people home from the Isle of Wight-based music festival, Bestival 2012 crashes in Surrey, England. (BBC)
- A new United States national strategy to prevent suicides is to be released by the Surgeon General, the Secretary of Health and Human Services and the Army Secretary. It will include, among others, the use of social medium Facebook as a tactic. (''Chicago Tribune'')
- Yukiya Amano, the head of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), urges Iran to grant IAEA inspectors immediate access to its contentious suspected nuclear facility in Parchin. (RIA Novosti)
- The Japanese government announces it will soon buy the disputed Senkaku Islands claimed by China (as Diaoyu Islands) and Taiwan (as Tiaoyutai Islands). Chinese leaders respond angrily. (Reuters)
- Three boys aged eight and nine are killed when a bazooka grenade, left over from a war in Cambodia, explodes. (Jane's)
- Tariq al-Hashimi rejects the charges leading to his death sentence in Baghdad on Sunday. He, being a Sunni, claims to be a ampquottargetampquot of Shiite prime minister Nouri al-Maliki. He refuses to return to Iraq for an appeal as long as, according to him, the judicial system is ampquotcorruptampquot. He claims to put the verdict ampquoton his chest as a medalampquot. Al-Qaeda says ampquotblack daysampquot are ahead. The reaction of Iraqi people on the street generally welcomes a fair rule of
- According to a parliamentary answer by the ministry of health, the value of a life lost during a clinical trial is 2.2 lakh rupees ($ 4,000) in India in 2011. This number is the average compensation paid for deaths during clinical trials. No rules governing compensations for clinical trial-related injury or death have been approved by the Parliament of India yet. (IRNA)
- Members of the new Somali Parliament elect Hassan Sheikh Mohamoud President. (BBC)
- Voice of America says official results for the 35 ampquotgeographicalampquot seats in Hong Kong's legislative elections show 18 seats for the ampquotpan-democracyampquot camp, 16 seats for the ampquotpro-Beijingampquot camp and one seat for an independent candidate. The ampquotsuperampquot seats show a 3 to 2 win for the pan-democrats. Voter turnout was 53 %, up from 45 % at the previous election in 2008. Reuters says support is ampquotsteadyampquot for pro-Beijing chief executive Leung
- In lawn tennis, Andy Murray of the United Kingdom wins the Men's Singles of the 2012 US Open defeating Novak Djokovic of Serbia to become the first British player to win a Grand Slam singles title since Virginia Wade, and the first British man to do so since Fred Perry. (''The Independent'')
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 September 2012
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in September 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?