Thursday 11 April 1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lawrence Coughlin American politician (Representative-Republican-Pennsylvania and Almino Affonso.
Alibi, directed by Roland West, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1929!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1929 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Lawrence Coughlin American politician (Representative-Republican-Pennsylvania: 1969-).
- Almino Affonso: Brazilian politician, the Lieutenant governor of Orestes Quércia.
- Henri Authier: French boxer in the featherweight division.
- KLO-AM in Ogden UT begins radio transmissions
- Loetafoon celluloid film system demonstrated in Amsterdam.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 April 1929
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?