Monday 11 April 1955
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michele Scarabelli and Piers J Sellers.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Ballad Of Davy Crockett by Bill Hayes.
In UK Give Me Your Word by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Marty, directed by Delbert Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Damon Runyon Theater.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1955!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1955 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Michele Scarabelli: Actress (Jo Santini-Airwolf, Alienation, Dallas).
- Piers J Sellers: Sussex, England -- PhD / Astronaut.
- Micheal Ray Richardson: American basketball player.
- Kevin Brady: American lawyer and politician.
- Michael Callen: American singer-songwriter and activist (The Flirtations) (d. 1993).
- Micheal Richardson: American basketball player and coach
- Neville Staple: Jamaican-English singer-songwriter (The Specials Fun Boy Three and Special Beat)
- The Air India Kashmir Princess is bombed and crashes in a failed assassination attempt on Zhou Enlai by the Kuomintang.
- The Taiwanese Kuomintang put a time-bomb on the airplane ''Kashmir Princess'', killing 16 but failing to assassinate the People's Republic of China leader, Zhou Enlai.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1955 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?