Thursday 11 April 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Butterfly by Andy Williams.
In UK Cumberland Gap by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
12 Angry Men, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1957!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1957 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- John Castellanos: San Diego, California -- Actor (John Silva - Young and the Restless).
- Michael Card: American singer-songwriter guitarist and radio host.
- Richard Sévigny: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Pablo Neruda arrested in Buenos Aires
- Ryan X-13 Vertijet becomes first jet to take-off and land vertically.
- United Kingdom agrees to Singaporean self-rule.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?