Saturday 11 April 1959
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Venus by Frankie Avalon.
In UK As I Love You by Shirley Bassey was in the top 5 hits.
Imitation of Life, directed by Douglas Sirk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1959!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1959 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Aleandro Baldi: Italian singer-songwriter and composer, born blind.
- Ana Maria Polo: Cuban-American lawyer and arbitrator.
- Pierre Lacroix: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Ana Polo: Cuban-American lawyer and judge.
- Jamaica closes at Imperial Theater NYC after 558 performances
- Dodger pitcher Don Drysdale hits his 2nd Opening Day HR
- Dutch Prince Bernhard visits Lockheed factory
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Frankie Avalon - Venus
- The Fleetwoods - Come Softly To Me
- The Coasters - Charlie Brown
- Dodie Stevens - Pink Shoe Laces
- David Seville - Alvin's Harmonica
- Brook Benton - It's Just A Matter Of Time
- Thomas Wayne - Tragedy
- The Virtues - Guitar Boogie Shuffle
- Ricky Nelson - Never Be Anyone Else But You
- Ricky Nelson - It's Late
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 April 1959 and get them!