Monday 11 April 1960
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK My Old Man's A Dustman by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
The Fugitive Kind, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1960!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1960 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- 1st weather satellite launched (Tiros 1)
- First weather satellite launched (Tiros 1).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Paul Anka - Puppy Love
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
- The Brothers Four - Greenfields
- Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's
- Johnny Horton - Sink The Bismarck
- Connie Francis - Mama
- Marv Johnson - I Love The Way You Love
- Steve Lawrence - Footsteps
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?