Tuesday 11 April 1961
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lucky Vanous in Lincoln and Laurent Cantet.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Blue Moon by The Marcels.
In UK Wooden Heart by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Saturday Night and Sunday Morning, directed by Karel Reisz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Last Of The Just by Andre Schwarz-Bart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Viendo a Biondi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1961!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1961 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Lucky Vanous in Lincoln: Nebraska, USA; model (GQ, Diet Coke).
- Laurent Cantet: French director, who received the Palme d'Or at the Festival de Cannes 2008, for the film "Entre les murs.
- Vincent Gallo: American actor singer director producer and screenwriter.
- Doug Hopkins: American guitarist and songwriter (Gin Blossoms) (Born 1961).
- Nobuaki Kakuda: Japanese martial artist.
- Francis de Bourguignon: Composer, dies at 70.
- Adolf Eichmann trial begins in Israel
- Austrian 4th and last government of Raab resigns
- 15th NBA Championship: Boston Celtics beat Saint Louis Hawks, 4 games to 1.
- Israel begins the Adolf Eichman WWII crimes trial.
- The trial of Adolf Eichmann begins in Jerusalem.
- ''Vostok 1'': Soviet cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin becomes the first human in space, orbiting the Earth once.
- Albert Kalonji takes the title ''Emperor Albert I Kalonji'' of South Kasai.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Marcels - Blue Moon
- Jorgen Ingmann and His Guitar - Apache
- The Shirelles - Dedicated To The One I Love
- Del Shannon - Runaway
- Floyd Cramer - On The Rebound
- Clarence Frogman Henry - But I Do
- Elvis Presley - Surrender
- Marty Robbins - Don't Worry
- Ernie K-Doe - Mother-In-Law
- The Everly Brothers - Walk Right Back
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?