Saturday 11 April 1964
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Can't Buy Me Love by The Beatles.
In UK Little Children by Billy J Kramer & The Dakotas was in the top 5 hits.
Paris When It Sizzles, directed by Richard Quine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1964!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1964 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Steve Azar: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- John Cryer: English journalist and politician.
- Johann Paetsch: American cellist.
- Patrick Sang: Kenyan runner.
- Tony Tedeschi: American porn actor.
- Bret Saberhagen: American noted pro baseball pitcher who has played in the American League for nine years and the National League for four years as of 1998. Saberhagen (pronounced SAY-ber-HAY-gen) was selected right out of high school by the Kansas City Royals in the 19th round free-agent draft pick 6/07/1982. From there he has pitched for the N.Y. Mets, Colorado Rockies and the Boston Red Sox, 12/09/1996. Placed on the disabled list seven times since he began his career, he was also suspended April 3-8,1994.
- Rodney Croome: Australian LGBT rights activist and academic. Croome currently serves as the spokesperson for the Tasmanian Gay and Lesbian Rights Group, National Convenor of Australian Marriage Equality and one of the founders of the Australian Coalition for Equality (ACE).
- Johann Sebastian Paetsch: American cellist
- Anyone Can Whistle closes at Majestic Theater NYC after 9 performances
- The Brazilian Congress elects Field Marshal Humberto de Alencar Castello Branco as President of Brazil.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Can't Buy Me Love
- The Beatles - Twist And Shout
- Terry Stafford - Suspicion
- The Beatles - She Loves You
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- Betty Everett - The Shoop Shoop Song (It's In His Kiss)
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- The Dave Clark Five - Glad All Over
- The Beatles - Please Please Me
- The Serendipity Singers - Don't Let The Rain Come Down (Crooked Little Man)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?