Thursday 11 April 1968
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sergey Lukyanenko and Eric Moten.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Honey by Bobby Goldsboro.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
The Young Girls of Rochefort, directed by Jacques Demy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Drei Frauen im Haus.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1968!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1968 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Sergey Lukyanenko: Russian author.
- Eric Moten: NFL guard/tackle (San Diego Chargers).
- Sergei Lukyanenko: Kazakh-Russian journalist and author.
- Polish Marshal Spychalski succeeds Ochab as President
- President Lyndon B. Johnson signs the Civil Rights Act of 1968, prohibiting discrimination in the sale, rental, and financing of housing.
- W Berlin student Rudi Dutschke seriously wounded at demonstration
- WHED TV channel 15 in Hanover, NH (PBS) begins broadcasting
- US President Lyndon Johnson signs 1968 Civil Rights Act.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 April 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- The Box Tops - Cry Like A Baby
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
- Georgie Fame - The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde
- The Delfonics - La - La Means I Love You
- The Monkees - Valleri
- Manfred Mann - Mighty Quinn (Quinn The Eskimo)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?