Saturday 11 April 1970
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Delroy Pearson in Romford and Trevor Linden in Medicine Hat.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Let It Be by The Beatles.
In UK Wand'rin' Star by Lee Marvin was in the top 5 hits.
Colossus: The Forbin Project, directed by Joseph Sargent, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Family at War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1970!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1970 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Delroy Pearson in Romford: Essex, England; rocker (Five Star-Between the Lines).
- Trevor Linden in Medicine Hat: Alberta, Canada; NHL right wing (Vancouver Canucks, New York Islanders).
- Sean Bergman in Joliet: Illinois, USA; pitcher (San Diego Padres).
- Joe Vitiello in Cambridge: Massachusetts, USA; infielder (Kansas City Royals).
- Whigfield : Danish-Italian singer-songwriter producer and actress.
- Dylan Keefe: American bass player (Marcy Playground)
- Trevor Linden: Canadian ice hockey player and manager
- Johnny Messner: American actor
- Delroy Pearson: English singer-songwriter and producer (Five Star)
- Apollo 13 launched to Moon; unable to land, returns in 6 days
- John H O'Hara, American journalist (Pal Joey, Rage to Live), dies at age 65.
- Apollo 13, the third manned lunar landing mission, is launched from Cape Canaveral, Florida, carrying astronauts James A. Lovell, John L. Swigert, and Fred W. Haise.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Let It Be
- The Jackson 5 - ABC
- John Ono Lennon - Instant Karma (We All Shine On)
- Norman Greenbaum - Spirit In The Sky
- Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Edison Lighthouse - Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)
- Frijid Pink - House Of The Rising Sun
- Badfinger - Come And Get It
- Bobby Sherman - Easy Come, Easy Go
- The Jaggerz - The Rapper
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?