Monday 11 April 1977
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Don't Give Up On Us by David Soul.
In UK Knowing Me, Knowing You by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
Jabberwocky, directed by Terry Gilliam, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Oliver'S Story by Erich Segal was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1977!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1977 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Ezequiel Rodriguez: TV Actor.
- Ivonne Teichmann: German runner.
- DJ Fresh: DJ.
- René Juge: French naval officer, a vice admiral who died on 9 February 1958.
- Jacques Prevert: French poet and screenwriter (Born 1900).
- Ireland sets fishing zone at 50 miles.
- London Transport's Silver Jubilee buses are launched.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barbra Streisand - Love Theme From A Star Is Born (Evergreen)
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Rich Girl
- Thelma Houston - Don't Leave Me This Way
- ABBA - Dancing Queen
- Glen Campbell - Southern Nights
- Eagles - Hotel California
- David Soul - Don't Give Up On Us
- 10cc - The Things We Do For Love
- Natalie Cole - I've Got Love On My Mind
- Atlanta Rhythm Section - So In To You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 April 1977 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?