Wednesday 11 April 1979
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Gaylor and Maria Elena Swett.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to What A Fool Believes by The Doobie Brothers.
In UK Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
Phantasm, directed by Don Coscarelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Matarese Circle by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Highcliffe Manor.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Armor Battle or Star Fire.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1979!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1979 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Chris Gaylor: American drummer.
- Maria Elena Swett: Chilean actress.
- Nazanin Afshin-Jam: Iranian-Canadian model singer and activist Miss World Canada 2003.
- Malcolm Christie: English footballer.
- Sebastien Grainger: Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Death from Above 1979).
- Martin Padar: Estonian martial artist
- Michel Riesen: Swiss ice hockey player
- Josh Server: American actor
- María Swett: Chilean actress
- Tanzanian troops take Kampala, the capital of Uganda Idi Amin flees.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 April 1979
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?