Thursday 11 April 2002
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Ain't It Funny by Jennifer Lopez.
In UK Unchained Melody by Gareth Gates was in the top 5 hits.
The Sweetest Thing, directed by Roger Kumble, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while 2nd Chance by James Patterson, Andrew Gross was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2002.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 2002!
Which were the important events of 11 April 2002 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Alexa Gerasimovich: Soap Opera Actress.
- Rebecca Riley: American victim of prescription drug overdose at age 4. Whether it was accidental or intentional is under investigation in 2007.
- The Ghriba synagogue bombing by Al Qaeda kills 21 in Tunisia.
- Over two hundred thousand people marched in Caracas towards the Presidential Palace of Miraflores, to demand the resignation of president Hugo Chavez. 19 of the protesters are killed, and the Minister of Defense Gral. Lucas Rincon announced Hugo Chavez resignation on national TV.
- Ten nations deposit their ratifications for the International Criminal Court at a United Nations ceremony, bringing the total to 66, well above the 60 needed to bring the Statute into force. The ICC will therefore come into force on 1 July 2002.
- More than half a million people march on the streets of Caracas protesting against the Venezuelan government.
- An empty American Airlines jet parked outside a hangar at Los Angeles International Airport trolls through a fence before coming to a stop on a service road.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?