Wednesday 11 April 2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Noah Domasin .
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Don't Matter by Akon.
In UK Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne was in the top 5 hits.
Fracture, directed by Gregory Hoblit, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Supersizers Eat....
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ben 10: Protector of Earth or Brian Lara 2007 Pressure Play.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 2007!
Which were the important events of 11 April 2007 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- 2007 Algiers bombings: Two bombings in the Algerian capital of Algiers, kills 33 people and wounds a further 222 others.
- Trade officials from the United States, European Union, India and Brazil meet in New Delhi, India, to revive the World Trade Organization's Doha round of negotiations. (BusinessWeek)
- The United States Secretary of Defense Robert M. Gates meets with the Defense Ministers of the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, the Netherlands and Denmark as well as officials from Estonia and Romania to discuss progress in Afghanistan in expectation of a Taliban offensive. Two Canadian soldiers are killed when a roadside bomb explodes. (Reuters via Washington Post)
- The United States Senate votes to ease funding restrictions on stem-cell research but President Bush threatens to veto the bill. (BBC)
- The United States extends the tour of duty for troops in Iraq and Afghanistan from a year to 15 months. (BBC)
- Joseph Biden, chair of the United States Senate Foreign Relations Committee and a presidential candidate, calls for the use of military force in Darfur. (AP via Houston Chronicle)
- A spring snow storm hits the midwestern United States, leading to the cancellation of flights and closure of schools. (CNN)
- Former U.S. Senator and prospective presidential candidate Fred Thompson announces he has lymphoma. (Bloomberg)
- Former Prime Minister of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina is charged with murder. (BBC)
- Traces of water vapor are reported to have been found in the atmosphere of HD 209458 b, a first for extrasolar planets. (Xinhua)
- Russian deputy Prime Minister Sergei Ivanov says a U.S. war against Iran would lead to a catastrophe. (RIAN)
- North Korea claims that it can shut down its main nuclear reactor within a month. (BBC)
- Protestors gather in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, to call for the resignation of President Kurmanbek Bakiyev. (BBC)
- Premier of the People's Republic of China Wen Jiabao arrives in Japan for a summit visit that could help improve bilateral relations. He is the first Chinese Premier to visit Japan in almost seven years. (BBC)
- There will be a runoff election to select the next President of East Timor after no candidate achieves a majority of votes in the first round of voting. There are three candidates in contention for the runoff the Prime Minister of East Timor Dr José Ramos-Horta, the Fretilin candidate Francisco Guterres and Fernando de Araújo of the Democratic Party. (BBC)
- Ice hockey: The 2007 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs begin. The inaugural matchup features the Pittsburgh Penguins visiting the Ottawa Senators at Scotiabank Place in Ottawa, Ontario.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 April 2007
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- Beyonce - Beautiful Liar
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Diddy - Last Night
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?