Wednesday 11 August 1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Man in the Moon, directed by tienne Arnaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1909.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1909!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1909 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Gaston Litaize: French organist, composer and teacher.
- Yūji Koseki: Japanese composer (d. 1989).
- Uku Masing: Estonian philosopher and theologian (d. 1985).
- Alexandre Lucas: Camaret sur Mer physician.
- Mario Montesanto: Italian soccer player, he was on Italy's national team from 1930 to 1936.
- Yuji Koseki: Japanese composer (d. 1989)
- Gaston Gilbert Litaize: Composer
- Hugo Buchthal: Art historian
- Jean Lancaster: Director (WRNS)
- Liner Arapahoe is 1st ship to use SOS distress call
- SOS 1st used by an American ship, Arapahoe, off Cape Hatteras, North Carolina
- Warren Bardsley (136 & 130) 1st to get twin tons in a Test
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?