Wednesday 11 August 1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gaston Gilbert Litaize and Hugo Buchthal.
The Man in the Moon, directed by tienne Arnaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1909!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1909 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Gaston Gilbert Litaize: Composer.
- Hugo Buchthal: Art historian.
- Jean Lancaster: Director (WRNS).
- Yuji Koseki: Japanese composer (d. 1989).
- Gaston Litaize: French organist, composer and teacher.
- Mario Montesanto: Italian soccer player, he was on Italy's national team from 1930 to 1936. From 1934 to 1943 he was a member of Bologna Football Club.
- Alexandre Lucas: Camaret sur Mer physician
- Yūji Koseki: Japanese composer (d. 1989)
- Uku Masing: Estonian philosopher and theologian (d. 1985)
- Liner Arapahoe is 1st ship to use SOS distress call
- SOS 1st used by an American ship, Arapahoe, off Cape Hatteras, North Carolina
- Warren Bardsley (136 & 130) 1st to get twin tons in a Test
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1909?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?