Friday 11 August 1916
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Devil's Needle, directed by Chester Withey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1916!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1916 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Marc Beigbeder: French philosopher, essayist, journalist and polemicist.
- Johnny Claes: English-Belgian race car driver and trumpet player (d. 1956).
- William Coors: American chemical engineer and CEO of Adolph Coors Brewing Company, a large beer manufacturing/distribution company.
- Jim Beck: Influential country music talent agent, record promoter, recording studio owner, A&R engineer, record producer, and music publisher.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Nightingale Song - Alma Gluck
- Hello, Hawaii, How Are You? - Nora Bayes
- Babes in the Wood - Gladys Rice & Walter Van Brunt
- Just A-Wearyin' for You - Lucy Isabelle Marsh
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?