Wednesday 11 August 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Penalty, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1920 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Salve Matheson: Seattle Military man.
- Chuck Rayner: Canadian ice hockey player (Born 1920).
- Derry Jeffares: Honorary Prof of English Studies (Stirling University).
- William Masselos: Niagara Falls, New York -- Pianist / prof (Juilliard 1976).
- Theodora Anderson: American astrologer who practiced in Santa Fe; she died of a heart ailment on March 23, 1998 at about 2:30 AM, MST.
- Mike Douglas: American entertainer and singer with the Kay Kayser band, became an MC. In clubs and theaters and a TV host of his own show in '60s and '70s, He won an Emmy in 1967 for best individual achievement in daytime programming. His was the first syndicated TV show to win an emmy and the program, ""The Mike Douglas Show"" ran for 20 years. A genial host, he interviewed many newsworthy people from politician to entertainer but always in a gentle, non-probing way.
- 1st peace of Riga-Soviet Union recognizes Independence of Latvia
- Bolshevik Russia recognizes independent Latvia.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?