Thursday 11 August 1932
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lord Varley and Sam McCluskie.
Love Me Tonight, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1932!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1932 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Lord Varley: .
- Sam McCluskie: Trade unionist.
- Israel Asper: Canadian tax lawyer (d. 2003).
- Fernando Arrabal: Spanish playwright, screenwriter, film director, novelist and poet.
- Angela Rumbold: British politician, a Conservative Member of Parliament returned at General election 6/11/1987 for the Mitcham and Morden district.
- Robert Strack: German homicide called the "Beast of Cologne." On 10/13/1965 he picked up two 11-year-old girls who were lost, bought them food, took them to his father's cottage, raped, murdered and mutilated them. This was not his first run in with the law; he had prior convictions for theft, mugging, exhibitionism and molesting children. His book, "Diary Of A Criminal," was withheld from the public as it was too graphic.
- Izzy Asper: Canadian lawyer businessman and politician founded Canwest (d. 2003)
- Geoffrey Cass: CEO (Cambridge University Press)
- Peter Eisenman: American architect designed the City of Culture of Galicia
- John Gorrie: English director and screenwriter
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?