Tuesday 11 August 1936
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include J L Thompson and Andre Dubus.
The Last of the Mohicans, directed by George B. Seitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1936!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1936 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- J L Thompson: Bishop (Bath & Wells).
- Andre Dubus: American author and educator (d. 1999).
- Susana Duijm: Venezuelan actress TV Host beauty queen model and Miss World 1955.
- Bill Monbouquette: American baseball player and coach (d. 2015).
- Jonathan Spence: English-American historian and academic.
- Blas Infante: Andalucista politician, writer, historian and musicologist, known as the father of Andalusian nationalism (Padre de la Patria Andaluza).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?