Friday 11 August 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Attila Bozay and Anatoly Kashpirovsky.
The Wizard of Oz, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1939!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1939 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Attila Bozay: Composer.
- Anatoly Kashpirovsky: Ukrainian-born Russian psychotherapist, hypnotist and a controversial psychic healer who enjoyed great popularity in the Soviet Union.
- Ronnie Dawson: American rockabilly musician (Born 1939).
- Jean Bugatti: German-born automobile designer (d. 1939).
- Sergei Rachmaninovs last appearance in Europe
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?