Sunday 11 August 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Foreign Correspondent, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1940 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Kip King in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor (Charlie and Company).
- Kip King: Chicago, Illinois -- Actor (Charlie & Company).
- Lennie Pond: American race car driver.
- Jean-Claude Ribes: French CNRS researcher (radio astronomy) and author of books on ufology, including "Le Dossier des civilisations extra-terrestres" (The Dossier of Extraterrestrial Civilizations) (Paris, Fayard, 1970, written in collaboration with François Biraud), a book on the possibility of the existence of extraterrestrials and their visits to Earth.
- 38 German aircrafts shot down above England
- German air raid on British harbors Portland / Weymouth
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?