Friday 11 August 1944
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Falcon in Mexico, directed by William Berke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1944!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1944 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Ronald Pina: American lawyer and district attorney for Bristol County, MA.
- Alexa McDonough: Canadian politician, federal n.d.
- David Pearl: British judge.
- Hans Knudsen: Danish canoe racer.
- Martin Linton: Swedish-English journalist and politician.
- Frederick Smith: American economist and CEO in charge of Federal Express, an international delivery corporation. He is a college graduate with a BA degree in Political Science and a BA Economics degree. Smith, known as a visionary mogul, had interests in bringing an NFL team into the state, with realizations in the establishment of the Tennessee Titans.
- Ian McDiarmid: Scottish actor
- Frederick W Smith: American entrepreneur
- British Premier Winston Churchill arrives in Italy
- Klaus Barbie, Gestapo head of Lyon France leaves for Auschwitz
- US air raid on Palembang
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Time Waits For No One - Helen Forrest
- It Had To Be You - Betty Hutton
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?