Friday 11 August 1944
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Pearl and Frederick W Smith.
The Falcon in Mexico, directed by William Berke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
On TV people were watching Missus Goes A-Shopping.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1944!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1944 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- David Pearl: British judge.
- Frederick W Smith: American entrepreneur.
- Alexa McDonough: Canadian politician, federal n.d.
- Ronald Pina: American lawyer and district attorney for Bristol County, MA.
- Frederick Smith: American economist and CEO in charge of Federal Express, an international delivery corporation.
- Ian McDiarmid: Scottish actor
- Hans Knudsen: Danish canoe racer
- Martin Linton: Swedish-English journalist and politician
- British Premier Winston Churchill arrives in Italy
- Klaus Barbie, Gestapo head of Lyon France leaves for Auschwitz
- US air raid on Palembang
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Time Waits For No One - Helen Forrest
- It Had To Be You - Betty Hutton
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?