Friday 11 August 1950
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
No Way Out, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1950!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1950 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Elya Baskin: Latvian-American actor.
- Erik Brann: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Iron Butterfly) (d. 2003).
- Gennadiy Nikonov: Russian engineer designed the AN-94 rifle (d. 2003).
- Erik Braunn: Boston, Massachusetts -- Rock guitarist (Iron Butterfly).
- Steve Wozniak: American entrepreneur, a self-taught computer engineer who designed virtually the entire product line that enabled Apple Corporation to go from a two-man garage operation to a half-billion dollar a year business in six years.
- Gennidy Nikonov: Russian weapon engineer, designer of the AN-94 attack rifle (d. 2003)
- 17th NFL Chicago All-Star Game: All-Stars 17, Philadelphia 7 (88,885)
- Hitting just .279, Yank great Joe DiMaggio is benched for 1st time
- King Boudouin I takes oath as royal Prince of Belgium
- Boston Braves' pitcher Vern Bickford no-hits Brooklyn Dodgers, 7-0.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?