Tuesday 11 August 1953
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sanford Jensen in South Haven and Hulk Hogan [Terry Bollea] in Georgia.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Cruel Sea, directed by Charles Frend, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Dark Angel by Mika Waltari was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Quatermass Experiment.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1953!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1953 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Sanford Jensen in South Haven: Michigan, USA; actor (Foley Square).
- Hulk Hogan [Terry Bollea] in Georgia: USA; WWF heavyweight champion (1984-89).
- Amy Holland: American Pop Rock singer.
- Hulk Hogan: Wrestler.
- Wijda Mazereeuw: Dutch swimmer.
- Cory Quirino: Filipino television host and author
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 August 1953
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1953 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?