Wednesday 11 August 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lina Polito and Mottu Vara Narasimha Rao.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Robinson Crusoe, directed by Luis Buuel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Red Skelton Revue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1954!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1954 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Lina Polito: Naples, Italy -- Actress (Love & Anarchy).
- Mottu Vara Narasimha Rao: Indian cricketer.
- Vance Heafner: American golfer and coach (d. 2012).
- Joe Jackson: English singer-songwriter.
- M Rao: Indian cricketer and coach.
- Santo Trafficante: Sr.
- BC Lions plays its 1st CF game, they lose to Montreal Alouettes, 22-0
- Formal peace takes place, ending 7+ years of fighting in Indochina between French and Communist Vietminh.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1954 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?